New Single from 14-year-old Phenom Hits Streaming Platforms Today (6/1)
Full Schedule of CMA Music Fest Fun Below
Photo credit: Sweety High
NASHVILLE, Tenn. – (June 1, 2018) – Warner Music Nashville and Sweety High sensation TEGAN MARIE is tapping into a positive, fun brand of girl power with her new song “I Know How To Make A Boy Cry,” available today (6/1).
Written by the 14-year-old Country phenom alongside Grammy award winner Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift), Nelly Joy and Jason Reeves, Tegan says the self-worth anthem is not literally about making boys cry. Instead, it’s more about finding the inner strength to stand up for yourself and take the high road when romance turns sour.
“One of my favorite lyrics in the song is 'my mascara's waterproof' because for me this goes way beyond just my go-to mascara," shares Tegan. "It represents an attitude to have when someone hurts your feelings."
Produced by hitmaker Scott Hendricks (Blake Shelton) and showcasing Tegan’s effervescent vocals alongside her undeniable “it factor,” the track is making its premiere across digital streaming platforms – a sign of the Michigan native’s ongoing connection with young Country fans. After being discovered by the Gen-Z girls site Sweety High, her viral videos have gone on to gather more than 100 million views worldwide.
After “I Know How To Make A Boy Cry” makes its debut, the fresh faced singer-songwriter will then kick off a stacked week of high profile appearances surrounding the 2018 CMA Music Fest in Nashville.
• On June 5, she’ll participate in Craig Campbell’s 6th Annual Celebrity Cornhole Challenge, with proceeds benefiting Fight CRC (Fight Colorectal Cancer)
• June 7, will find Tegan co-hosting the Radio Disney Country Stage and performing at 11 a.m.
• June 8, will include two performances: one at 10:45 a.m. on the Maui Jim Broadway Stage at Hard Rock Café; and Spotify's Hot Country event at Ole Red at 5 p.m.
• On June 9, Tegan will take the field for the City of Hope Celebrity Softball Game at First Tennessee Park; and she’ll perform at Ascend Amphitheater on the Cracker Barrel Country Roads Stage Presented By Warner Music Nashville at 7 p.m.
• Then on June 10, she’ll wrap up her CMA Music Fest schedule with a special fan-club party, set for 10 a.m. at the headquarters of her record label, Warner Music Nashville. Visit here for additional information and to purchase tickets.
ABOUT TEGAN MARIE:
With a larger-than-life voice, Tegan Marie, 14, was discovered by girls’ media platform Sweety High when her family started uploading her videos at age 7. Featured as a Radio Disney Country artist, she catapulted into the national spotlight when her breathtaking rendition of Florida Georgia Line’s "H.O.L.Y." received over 20M views online. Tegan Marie went on to a string of critically acclaimed performances at Stagecoach, Good Morning America, the Grand Ole Opry and on stage with Smokey Robinson for The Gershwin Prize broadcast on PBS. As her videos continued to gain a wide audience (over 100M views), Tegan Marie shared the stage with artists such as Cam, Hunter Hayes and Kelsea Ballerini while partnering with Pepsi for a tour across the Midwest. In 2017, she became the youngest female artist – at age 13 – signed to a major Country label (Warner Music Nashville) in over 45 years. She has since made her debut at the Ryman Auditorium, played the TODAY show and was featured on the 2018 artist to watch lists for Billboard, Rolling Stone and Huffington Post. Prepping to release her new song, “I Know How To Make A Boy Cry,” she’s hard at work creating new music with hitmakers Scott Hendricks (Blake Shelton) and Nathan Chapman (Taylor Swift).
For more about Tegan Marie visit www.teganmarie.com, and follow her on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
"I Know How To Make A Boy Cry" is available to stream or download here: https://wmna.sh/boycry.