As the one-week countdown begins for the release of superstar Blake Shelton’s highly anticipated 12th studio album Body Language, the superstar is also gearing up for his headlining performance on NBC’s “Citi Music Series on TODAY.” Shelton is set to perform several songs spanning over the 8am, 9am, and 10am hours, including tracks from the new record and catalog fan favorites.
Body Language, a 12-song collection of standouts, includes his 28th career No.1 smash “Happy Anywhere” (with Gwen Stefani) and current Top 15 and climbing single “Minimum Wage.” Fans can pre-order the album HERE, also receiving a download of the two tracks as well as brand new ballad “Bible Verses” (LISTEN HERE). Written by up-and-coming songwriters Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles, and Brett Sheroky, the track has been described as one of Shelton’s “best songs in recent years” by Rolling Stone, stating, “the conflict in Shelton’s delivery is palpable.” See the full track listing below.
Of the new album, Shelton says, “We’ve been working on this record for years and certainly the pandemic slowed us down, but it’s probably the best process that I’ve had to make an album because you can’t live with them any longer than I’ve lived with these songs,” he says. “And I still feel as strongly as I do about them. That makes me have even more confidence in the record.”
Over the past 20 years since Shelton’s career launched, the superstar has cemented his place in country music history with more than 8.5 billion global on-demand streams, 11 million career album U.S. sales and award wins approaching the hundreds - all of which began with his debut single “Austin.” Just last month, Shelton celebrated the track’s 20th anniversary with a performance on the 56th ACM Awards (HERE) and a pre-order for a limited edition 7” “Austin” vinyl on his website (HERE). The vinyl features B-side track “Problems At Home” as it originally did almost two decades ago.
Shelton shows no signs of slowing down as his current single “Minimum Wage” approaches Top 10 on country radio. The superstar recently performed the track on the 56th ACM Awards (WATCH HERE) and CBS’ The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (WATCH HERE), also chatting with Colbert about the song, his Super Bowl commercial appearance and his engagement (WATCH HERE).
Beyond his country music career, the multimedia entertainer has earned widespread recognition as a seven-time champion coach for the Emmy Award-winning television show The Voice. The NBC singing competition is serendipitously in its 20th season. Shelton, a long-time Grand Ole Opry member, has also found success in his Ole Red partnership with Ryman Hospitality, with restaurant and venue locations currently in Tishomingo, Nashville, Gatlinburg and Orlando.
BODY LANGUAGE TRACK LISTING
1. Minimum Wage (Nicolle Galyon, Jesse Frasure, Corey Crowder)
2. Body Language (feat. The Swon Brothers) (Colton Swon, Zach Swon, Matt McGinn, Ryan Beaver)
3. Happy Anywhere (feat. Gwen Stefani) (Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne, Matt Jenkins)
4. Now I Don’t (Jessi Alexander, Alyssa Vanderheym, Michael Hardy)
5. Monday Mornin’ Missin’ You (Jessi Alexander, Deric Ruttan, Josh Thompson)
6. Corn (Craig Wiseman, Matt Dragstrem, Chris Tompkins, Rodney Clawon)
7. Makin’ It Up As You Go (Brad Tursi, Shane McAnally, Josh Osborne)
8. Whatcha Doin’ Tomorrow (Dallas Davidson, Kyle Fishman, Casey Beathard)
9. The Girl Can’t Help It (Ben Hayslip, Josh Osborne, Mark Holman)
10. The Flow (Shane McAnally, Ross Copperman, Josh Osborne)
11. Neon Time (Jaron Boyer, Michael Tyler, Ben West)
12. Bible Verses (Joe Fox, Andrew Peebles, Brett Sheroky)