COJO Music/Warner Music Nashville Platinum recording artist Cody Johnson will release “‘Til You Can’t” to country radio next month, impacting October 18 (LISTEN HERE). The song is the debut single from his upcoming sophomore major-label release, Human The Double Album, available on October 8th to stream and purchase on all digital music platforms (PRE-ORDER HERE). Physical copies are also available now for pre-order on Johnson’s website at codyjohnsonmusic.com. To date, Johnson has released nine of the album’s 18 songs in advance of the release.
“I chose to record ‘Til You Can’t’ first because of the positivity in the message of the song. In our world today, we could use more positivity,” said Johnson. “Secondly because of how dynamic the melody was; I took it and ran with it. I hope y’all enjoy!”
The song, penned by Ben Stennis and Matt Rogers, is an infectious tempo that starts quietly, then builds along with Johnson’s advice: take the chances, chase the dreams, bait those lines, put that diamond on her hand, and take those calls from your mama as long as you can, until you can’t. It’s the quintessential why-not-now song that will call Johnson’s loyal fans to action.
Johnson’s recent feature-length documentary, Dear Rodeo: The Cody Johnson Story, can now be rented or purchased exclusively via the Apple TV app through October 8 in the US and Canada (CLICK HERE). The documentary was first released to select cinemas nationwide for a limited time, with multiple showings added due to popular demand, for a total of 239 theaters featuring the movie across the country. Alongside guest appearances by Reba McEntire, Navy Seal Chris Kyle’s widow Taya (Kyle), and more, Johnson opens up about how his years on the rodeo circuit fortuitously prepared him for his life as a country star. From standing in the back of the chute at the rodeo or singing about it in front of 75,000 fans, fans will learn more about his real-life journey from the dusty rodeo arenas of rural Texas to some of the biggest musical stages in America. The film vividly captures all the emotional highs and lows that come from the dreams you cling to and the dreams you ultimately let go of.
Human The Double Album track list
1. “Human” - Tony Lane, Travis Meadows
2. “Honky Tonk Hardwood Floors” - Carson Chamberlain, Wyatt McCubbin, Michael White
3. “Sad Songs and Waltzes” - Willie Nelson
4. “‘Til You Can’t” - Matt Rogers, Ben Stennis
5. “God Bless the Boy (Cori’s Song)” - Barrett Baber, Terri Jo Box, Scott Sean White
6. “Known for Loving You” - Cody Johnson, Ben Hayslip, Trent Willmon
7. “Driveway” - Lindsay Rimes, Matt Rogers
8. “Son of a Ramblin’ Man” - Vince Gill
9. “I Always Wanted To” - Tom Douglas, Allen Shamblin, Jordyn Shellhart
1. “I Don’t Know a Thing About Love” - Harlan Howard
2. “Longer Than She Did” - Eric Paslay, Paul Sikes, Matt Stell
3. “Made a Home” - Cody Johnson, Jesse Raub, Scott Sean White
4. “Let’s Build a Fire” - Chris Janson, Mitch Oglesby
5. “When It Comes to You” - Jeremy Bussey, Tony Lane
6. “Treasure” - Matt Rogers
7. “Stronger” - Jared Elledge, Dustin Miller, Trent Willmon
8. “Cowboy Scale of 1 to 10” - Cody Johnson, David Frasier, Trent Willmon
9. “By Your Grace” - Cody Johnson
Nine of 18 songs available now
ABOUT CODY JOHNSON:
Known for his explosive live shows and electrifying stage presence, COJO Music / Warner Music Nashville Platinum recording artist Cody Johnson has established a following of passionately loyal fans who regularly sell out shows across the country and have helped him accumulate more than two billion streams worldwide. The recipient of multiple ACM and CMA Awards nominations, his RIAA certifications include two Gold-selling songs (“Nothin’ On You” and “With You I Am”) and the Platinum-selling, Top 10 single, “On My Way To You.” Named one of NSAI’s 10 Songs I’d Wish I’d Written 2020 and ASCAP’s Most Performed Songs of 2019, “On My Way To You” was featured on his first major-label release, Ain’t Nothin’ to It, which skyrocketed to No. 1 on Billboard’s Top Country Albums and all-genre Digital Sales charts. The LP reached Top 10 on the all-genre Billboard 200 chart and made history as the third-highest pre-added album of all time in the country music genre on Apple Music at the time of release.